Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's Sunny!!

What a beautiful day! It's brisk out but the sun is shining. I had a great run this morning, just shy of 9 miles. I could have done more but I had to run to get to my Hip Hop Dance class! This was week 2. Week 1 was pretty hard. I didn't feel like it was much of a workout, the class was too big, I had no idea what I was doing, and well, I'm white with no rhythm. This week was much better. I still have no rhythm but I managed to stay with the teacher much better. We know have about 24 whole beats of a song. :) I'm still working on my "attitude" as our adorable instructor keeps calling it. It's tons of fun.

I've been lying in bed reading (AGAIN! Now I'm re-reading Something Blue for the umpteenth time.) and am trying to make myself do some housework. Ick. But I really need to put some laundry away, vacuum, and clean up the kitchen. The dogs thought it would be super fun (AGAIN, second time in a week!) to pull out all of my spatulas and spoons and chew up a few of them. Luckily, after losing seven last time, I think I only lost two this time. But now there are shards of wooden spoon all over the living room. Good thing my days at Williams-Sonoma left me stocked with a plethora of cooking utensils. However someone (Abbey!) also laid into one of my Silpats (grrr....) so I'm probably going to have to replace it. I trimmed the ripped parts off, but now it's smaller and the edges are exposed. For those who don't know what a Silpat is, they are amazing. They're made of silicone and are basically reusable parchment paper sized to fit your cookie sheets (or half sheet pans, as mine are technically called). No need to grease or spray, just throw one of these bad boys on there and wipe it off when you're done. Love them. Apparently Martha does too. :)

Ok, that's probably enough procastinating for now. Off to domesticate myself!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, I can't believe you have read so much. Of course you picked great books to read. I agree, I didn't like "Love the One Your With" as much as her other books, but it is worth reading. I thought that Something Borrowed was going to be a movie soon, but I haven't read anything recently about it. That would be great as a movie, but of course it wouldn't be as good as the book.

I am glad your back blogging. I missed not hearing what was going on with you!

megan said...

I wish they would make Something Borrowed into a movie. That was my favorite of the four. I love her books. If they ever do make it, we should see it together. Or at least watch it on the same night and then yap about it on the phone. :)

Sarah said...

I totally agree. I loved the first two books and I want them both to be movies. If we can't see them together we will have to see them at the same time.

Laura Boffa said...

You're in a Hip Hop Dance class?!!
That rules! You're going to have to teach me some steps (and some 'tude) when I get home :P