Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It Worked!

OSU closed today! I still kind of can't believe it. I kept having dreams in the middle of the night that the roads were horrific and they still wouldn't close. So I was extra shocked when I checked at 6 am and they had closed. We ended up getting tons of freezing rain and ice so it was really slick. By the time I got back up at 8, it was snowing again, those giant, heavy flakes that look so beautiful. I had a blast taking the girls out because they were so funny. It was icy with a layer of snow over the ice, so they were walking with their paws all spread out, punching through the ice with every step. And Abbey loves to lick the snow while she walks, when it's fresh like that, so she kept her face to the ground. I'm just thankful that the ice wasn't so much as to cause a lot of power outages with falling trees.

I'm not sure exactly what I'll do with my bonus day! Definitely some cleaning and organizing in my office. I've been putting that off forever, and I finally started last night. I'll probably tackle that and also do some cooking. I made a big vat of turkey chili over the weekend and I might make a big pot of chicken tortilla soup now. I have also been meaning to make truffles for a long time, as I have some chocolate I need to use, so I might mess around with those. We shall see.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

LOL maybe I should have read this before I commented on the other post. Happy Snow Day :)