Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Labor Day weekend!

Wow, I can't believe it's Labor Day weekend. (I feel like I start every post with a similar statement...) The weather is GORGEOUS here. Not too hot, sunny, light breeze. Really beautiful weather.

Partly because of that, I had a really great 20-mile run yesterday. I started early (6 am) with a small group and then joined the main group after 6 miles, so we were done by about 9:30 instead of the 10:30 ish time they would all finish at. I felt really good yesterday, despite some lingering pain I've been having on my foot/ankle area (which flared up horribly on Thursday). I even finished really strong, with a 9 minute mile up the hill to finish! Hopefully this bodes well for the marathon... I also had a great speed workout on Wednesday, feeling strong and good. We shall see...

I think Todd and I are going to bbq today. I love barbecuing and eating outside and I haven't done nearly enough of it this year. not sure exactly what we'll have yet...

Work is very busy right now. I'm super excited though that last week went so well that I don't have to work today. and tomorrow should be a light day, going in at 10 and hopefully only staying a few hours. We're less than 2 weeks from the big opening and this coming week is going to be a busy, stressful, productive one.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

These are the Days! said...

Wait...did you say TWENTY MILES??? Sorry, I couldn't get past that part of your post...I have to pick my jaw up off the floor!!! WTG, Megan!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!

megan said...

haha, yes, Liz, I did say 20! :) I only have one longer run (22 in 2 weeks) before the marathon. These runs make the full 26.2 feel not quite so bad. :)

Sarah said...

I am always impressed when I hear how much you have run. I am jealous too. Maybe one of these days I will get myself back into running. Good luck with the rest of your runs and your next opening.