Sunday, September 13, 2009

finally!

got the toe fixed on Friday and the doc cleared me to run today. Yay! I had a great 13 mile run. I've been worried lately about my ability to consistently run 9 minute miles at the marathon, which is about the pace I'll need to run to hit my 4 hour goal, once you account for the slow start we'll inevitably have. When I try to push the pace, I usually end up running too fast. So I decided to try today. I did the first 6 at my normal 9:30 easy pace, and then pushed it. I went way too fast on the next 2 miles, about 8:30-8:40, but I got all of the next 5 miles pretty much on the money - about 8:55 to 9:00. I ended with a 9:10 average over 13 miles - almost exactly the 9:09 average I need to break 4 hours. I felt great, too! Of course, it will be a lot harder over 26.2 miles, but I feel a lot better about it now. It was probably harder than I should have run today given my 4 days off and my 22 miler on Saturday, but oh well. :)

Not much else here, just gearing up for the opening at work on Wednesday. I am SO ready to get this show open! I can't wait for things to feel a bit more normal.

No comments: