Thursday, February 19, 2009

TGI almost Friday!

This has been a very long week, so I am SO glad it's almost over. I got up at 3:45 this morning to get to work for a 5:00 shipment of art. Brutal. And then I worked 10 hours and didn't leave until 3. Needless to say, I took a nap when I got home. I tried to just take a short nap but I could not wake back up. Now it's biting me in the a$$ because I need to go to bed and I'm not tired. Oh well.

I finally hit the gym tonight though. I need to get back into weight lifting. I checked a book out from the library called The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I heard good things about it about a year ago and finally got around to getting it. So far, I really like a lot of what they have to say. I'll post a more thorough review soon. Anyway, I did day one of the lifting routine. On paper, it sounded pretty easy, but I'm already sore! That is not a good sign. Oh well. I hope it goes away before my long run on Saturday! I haven't had a good long run with my group in a while so I'm really hoping to have a nice one.

Todd and I are going to plan our vacation this weekend. We're planning to go to California in April. We'll visit his best friend from college, who lives near Oakland, and his family (his son is Todd's godson) and also go off on our own to Napa/Sonoma and maybe also a day or two in San Fran itself. If anyone has any must-visits, let me know! I've been before so both of us have seen all of the standard tourist attractions, but there's always tons to do. I am definitely looking forward to some winery action. Shocker, huh? :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your vacation sounds awesome! I just started reading that same book. A friend of mine was very dedicated to those workouts last year, and at her wedding it sure did pay off. Her looked amazing! That was great motivation for me :)

These are the Days! said...

Yes...Napa...take me with you!!! ;) I'm so proud of your dedication--you continue to inspire me to *think* about getting off the couch and out the door to run...last week, I actually DID it! ;) Love ya!