Sunday, February 1, 2009

False eyelashes, anyone?

I feel like all I've been blogging about lately is the weather. :) It has been crazy, but still. Enough is enough. I'm still going to post this though.

I went running yesterday morning before my hip hop dance class, mostly because I wanted to get it out of the way. It warmed up quite a bit later, but if I waited, I would have still been running at 1:00. So, even though it was about 0 degrees when I left the house (and by weather.com's account, -11 windchill), I toughed it out. I only made it a little over 8 miles instead of my planned 10, because it was soooo cold, and really tough going through the snow and ice still on the trail. It was a lot like running in sand, that was how much snow there still was. Every footstep kind of slid a little bit. I am very sore today, as I'm sure I was using all sorts of different muscles.

But my main reason for posting about this is to post this picture. It really cracks me up. I had to stop running for a minute about 35 minutes in because my water had frozen, so I had to unscrew the cap to get any liquid. I knew my breath was freezing somewhere on my face, because I could see it out of the corners of my eyes. I just couldn't tell where. I had my cell phone with me for emergency purposes, so I snapped a pic. I look like a freaking lunatic!


It looks like I have little feathers on my lashes. :) I'm sure the few other crazies I saw out there got a good laugh on my behalf.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

First of all, I can't believe you went out and ran in that weather. You are crazy. Secondly, that white mascara thing really looks great on you :) I can't believe how cold it is there. It isn't that cold here, it is actually pretty nice in the afternoon. I hope it starts warming up for you.

Robin said...

Wow, you are HARDCORE!!!! That is hysterical!!! Kudos for you for going out of the house at all, let alone running 8 miles. :)

Melissa said...

Damn girl, you are intense! My friend Alli that lives in Cincinnati was telling me how her running group ran this weekend and had that same effect. You guys are machines!