Friday, December 12, 2008

What's the Point?

One of my friends just asked me what the point of a blog is. I completely agree that this is a valid question, especially in regards to my current little project. Some of my favorite blogs seem to be very focused, but I can't seem to find a good focus for mine. I don't cook enough to make a cooking blog. I don't throw enough parties to have a party planning blog. I probably run enough for a running blog, but that would be pretty boring. No one but me cares how far I ran and in what shoes! I don't have kids, so that wouldn't work. A dog blog would involve a lot of shameful moments. So would a weight loss blog, since my war on the last 15 or so pounds had been stuck in the same rut for, oh, a year. So I guess for now this is just my random rants and raves. Maybe somewhere along the way I'll find my focus. :) (Suggestions are of course welcome.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you are just blogging about your life, which I think is focus enough. For your friends and family that don't get to see you very often this is a great way to keep us informed on your life happenings. I love to read to see what you are up to because we don't talk everyday (not because I wouldn't want to, but because we are both really busy people). I don't think there has to be any purpose to a blog because randomness makes it interesting. That is just how I feel.

I love your blog!

Red Poppies said...

You're fascinating as it is! No need to focus on one area...even blogs with a general theme are more interesting when there's some variety. ;)