Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Made it to day 2!

Last night Todd and I went to a law firm's holiday party. It was very fun (we got to hang out with our friend Andy) and the food and drinks were delish. Then I came home and made cookie dough in preparation for making Christmas cookies. I love decorating sugar cookies but I get really sick of it after about 4. :) My lil sis is in Korea for a year though, and she needs some down home cooking, so I'm sending them to her. (surprise!) Maybe if I can figure out how, I'll post a picture of some of the finished product.
This is my current favorite sugar cookie recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Soft-Christmas-Cookies/Detail.aspx
I use half butter and half margarine (margarine makes the dough easier to roll, sorry about the trans fats!!!) but otherwise follow the recipe.

Today has been a busy day at work. We're working on an upcoming architecture exhibition that is pretty slow in the planning. Some budget numbers kind of hit the fan today, but we keep getting reassured that everything will be all right.

I also ran on the treadmill before work this morning, and had a great run, yay! It's so interesting to me how some runs are so much better than others. I drank a lot of wine last night, so one would have expected a crappy run. Apparently I function better with antioxidants of the fermented type. It was a short run, but I did speedy intervals. The only complete annoyance was when I accidentally hit the stop button midway through. GRRRR!

Speaking of running, I need to sign up for a race. MIT (my marathon training group) starts again this weekend, and I find I train better when I actually have a goal in mind. And no, I don't mean signing up for the Flying Pig 4 weeks before the race (ahem, 2008). I heart my running group. :)

While I don't sound all the boring to myself, anyone reading this (no one yet since I haven't told anyone!) is probably bored to tears. Happy Hump day! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your blog isn't boring. I am so glad you started one. Now I can keep up with what is going on with you everyday. Talk to you soon.