Monday, December 22, 2008

trying to catch up!

Wow, week 2 and I'm already way behind! I promise to try to catch up soon. Last night was the annual Christmas party my dad plans every year in Granville. I always help him and it's a ton of fun, but it always sucks a little timing wise. It's always the Sunday before Christmas and I am always there ALL day. Yesterday was actually only about 9 hours because they cut back this year, but normally it's more than 12. But it just makes me feel crazier and busier. And tonight I'm heading back to Granville to have dinner with a few of my oldest (and dearest) friends, Mary, Alyssa, and Kim, and their husbands/boyfriends. We do this every year and it is always so much fun! We've all known each since at least 5th grade (or preschool, with Mary and I) so we can go for months without talking and then fall right back in. Everyone has had lots of exciting things going on this year so it should be fun catching up.

I still haven't even sent out a single Christmas card or anything! I haven't put ornaments on my tree (although I did put the lights on it!) and now I kind of doubt I will. I brought my Christmas cards to work with me today thinking I might find some time, but I've been really busy. Oh well. Sorry anyone who's waiting for a card from me, it will be a while! I love Christmas though, so I'm just trying to stay cheerful and happy and not get bogged down with the stuff I haven't done.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You sound super busy. I think this time of year is just madness. We loved the cookies you made. I think since we weren't home and the package was outside the cookies all froze. By morning they were the tastiest yummiest cookies. Thanks so much for sending them. Have a very Merry Christmas.

megan said...

I'm glad the cookies were ok! I didn't realize when I mailed them that you were leaving, so I'm glad they lasted. I'm already done with all of the ones you sent, haha! They were all delicious!!! The stupid dogs ate two of them though, since I left one bag too close to the edge of the counter.