Sunday, June 7, 2009

Um, YAY me!!!

I have to take a moment to pat myself on the back. I ran a 5k yesterday morning (Kayla 5k) and placed 3rd in my age group!!! I've never gotten any sort of athletic award. My mom reminded me that I have a volleyball trophy but then I reminded her that it was for participation and everyone on the team got one. I don't know what my official time was but my Garmin said 25:18. They haven't posted results online yet, so I'll update when they do. I was really hoping to break 25 minutes but given that I went out with my running girlfriends on Friday night and drank too much, I'm very happy with how I did. I haven't done a 5K in several years and this is definitely a new PR, by several minutes. Here's my new hardware:



Thanks for letting me brag for a minute. Now, back to your regularly scheduled Sunday morning. Which for me today means heading out for a long run since I bailed on mine yesterday.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations, that is awesome. You ran that sucker fast. I think it is really cool and you should have bragged about it.

These are the Days! said...

WAHOOO!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

megan said...

Thanks girls! Liz, I saw your parents there! I only saw your dad from afar but I waved at your mom and Vicki when they cheered along the course. :)