Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday

Well, my 18 mile run went really well! I was darn tired by the end of it, but I felt pretty good through most of it. That said, I'm not sure I can push the pace enough to finish in under 4 hours. That's my "stretch" goal for this race - finish is under 4 hours. I think it's *possible* but not likely. Really, I'll be happy with a PR, but I'd love to have a great race and break the 4 hour mark. I'm not going to hold my breath though. I've been training really hard but there are so many factors I can't control, including the 44,999 other people running the race with me and fighting for space. :)

I'm sorry I talk about running so much right now, but it's a big focus for me until the race. This is probably the most dedicated I've been to training in a long time, maybe even ever. Hopefully it will pay off!

Work has been pretty crazy too. We have a big Luc Tuymans exhibition opening in a few weeks and things keep cropping up with that. I can't wait until it is open and done!!!

I think it's about time to get to bed. I'm debating whether to run in the morning or not. I keep getting this pain above my ankle and I don't want to push it too hard because I'd rather get my speed workout in on Wednesday than a slow easy run tomorrow. Maybe I'll get up and play it by ear.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hopefully your ankle is feeling better and you get in a really good speed workout on Wednesday. Like always, you are so busy. If I have to make a prediction, I think you are going to make it in under 4 hours. Just push people out of the way! With your dedication and training I think you will do it. Good Luck.