Sunday, August 2, 2009

August already?

Sorry I've been such a slacker. Things have been crazy all over. This past week was crazy work week. We de-installed our shows and spent the whole week packing up everything. It's always really rough but I had the extra fun of having a ton of stuff to do on the upcoming show since I'm pinch hitting as both the registrar and curatorial assistant on the show. And then I got the extra bonus of getting sick on day 2. Fun fun. I feel much better now.

I've also been running a lot more. I really want to do well in the Chicago Marathon this fall, since I think it will likely be my last full for a while. So I've been trying to get my weekday runs in and going to speed workouts on Wednesdays, and this week I'm going to get back into the gym to lift weights again. Yesterday's run was 15 miles, shew! I actually don't think I've run that far in over a year. Considering I was still kinda sick and slacked off running this week, it went pretty well.

I also have been car shopping since I have to give Laura her car back soon. I ended up getting a black Honda CR-V EX. I really wanted a Toyota Highlander but decided to spend less money. I'm a little proud of myself for being somewhat frugal. :) Todd got a new car too, an Audi A4. It is so freaking nice.

Tomorrow we head out to Granville after work to see my aunt, uncle and cousin! They're stopping at my mom's house en route from Texas to see my grandparents in Michigan. I haven't seen them in several years, so it should be fun. Apparently my cousin is old enough to drive now, which is shocking.

Ok, enough babbling for now. I've got some errands to run!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You weren't babbling at all. It is nice to get an update of what has been going on with you (and Todd, too.) You should post a picture of your new car, CRV's are really nice. Todd's car sounds really nice too! I hope you get some relaxing in and have some good runs too.