Sunday, January 24, 2010

Back to the Buckeye State

I'm back from Michigan, thanks for the well wishes! It was nice to visit with my mom and see my grandparents. But I was surprised at how weak my grandpa was. :( And my grandmother was as expected - she has alzheimers and can't really be left alone at all. She can still talk and converse with us, but repeats everything and can't remember who anyone is or that sort of thing. My poor mother just seems exhausted and stressed. Unfortunately, both of my grandparents are going to be moving into some of home in the near future, and my mom will have to stay with my grandmother until that transition is made. So I'm sure I'll be back up there again quite a bit in the next few weeks/months (we don't really know how long this will take). Alzheimers is such an awful disease - I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think it's the worst for the loved ones. I'm not sure how my grandfather took care of my grandmother for a long as he did.

Anyhoo, on to happier things. Work will be busy this week, we have an opening on Friday! Two new shows, Hard Targets and Cyprien Gaillard. They're very different, so there's something for everyone! :) www.wexarts.org for more info. :)

I am pretty exhausted (my mom and I stayed up late talking and then I woke up at the crack of dawn) so I think I'm going to start winding down. Maybe read for a bit. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hugs... I'm with you on a grandparent with Alzheimers and it's tough. My grandfather is getting progressively worse and my grandmother has changed so much because of it... starting to resent him for forgetting everything, etc. It's very hard on everyone. I'm sure your mom loved the company and the little escape!

Sarah said...

Glad you made it back safely. I am sure you are exhausted. Get some rest. I am thinking about you.