Monday, October 5, 2009

Marathon Week!

Holy crap, less than a week till the big race. I can't believe it's actually here! Only three more days of work since we're taking off Friday morning. The weather is looking like it's going to be chilly. This is good, since the last two years have been unseasonably hot. However, it looks like it might be pretty chilly and also rainy. We have zilch experience running in the cold since it has just now gotten nippy here. The biggest problem this will cause is what in the world to wear. I can't remember which warm things I like and I don't have much to wear in this weird in-between weather. Hands down though, it is MUCH better to have weather be a little too cold than a little too hot.

I really don't have much else new to report. Maybe I'll be more interesting when I'm not just running. :) I have been trying some new recipes lately, trying to use up some of the produce we're getting from our CSA. So I'll post those over on the food blog (colYUMbus.blogspot.com) tonight.

I'm not sure if I'll post again before the race, actually. Tomorrow night is the MIT (Marathoner-in-Training, my running group) banquet, Wednesday night is my last speed workout, and Thursday night is packing. Busy week! So hopefully my next update will be a great race result. I've had some minor nagging pains so cross your fingers they go away!

Happy week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm crossing my fingers for you. I know you will do great. I can't wait to hear your results. Relax and good luck. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Laura Boffa said...

GOOD LUCK! 4 HOURS OR ELSE!! Just kidding, I'll love you as long as you get a PR. And maybe even if you don't, but that's questionable... :)