Friday, August 6, 2010

Catching Up

I never blog at work, because, well, I'm at work. But our work email has been down since Wednesday night, so I'm sitting here bored and I feel like posting. :) Yes, I do have a few things I could do, but I don't want to. I already cleaned off my whole desk yesterday.

So, things have just been pretty busy. My life is definitely not boring these days. :) D keeps me busy, with various dinners, wine tastings, concerts, etc. I'm actually a little too busy - I love the occasional day with nothing planned! Last weekend, we took a great mini trip to Yellow Springs and Springfield (OH). We had lunch at the Winds Cafe in Yellow Springs and walked around the little town. Then we stopped for ice cream at Young's, and drove to Springfield where we toured the Westcott House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The building had undergone a significant and careful renovation and it was a great little gem in an area where you wouldn't expect it. I STILL have not been to Fallingwater or Kentuck Knob in Pennsylvania, so we hope to tour those when we have time for an overnight.

Work is pretty busy right now, as we're gearing up for a bunch of fall shows. We're doing 6 mini projects/shows instead of one big one, which should be fun. We're just working very last minute, which makes it difficult for everyone.

Running is going ok. I've been keeping up my training (usually running 4 days a week, with a speed workout on Wednesdays and a long run of 12ish miles on Saturdays) but it has been SO hot and humid that I feel really slow. It doesn't help that I gained back almost 10 of the pounds I lost. So I'm on the fence about which race to run in October - the full or the half. I know I can train for and finish a full, but I don't think I'll probably PR and it might be a bad race. But I'm not sure how fast I'd be in a half either. I'm just really torn because I feel like my training is so crappy. I really wanted to break 4 hours and then take a long marathon break, but I don't know when I'm going to be able to break that time. Decisions, decisions...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like things have been super busy... but fun!

Don't stress about the training. If you're heart isn't in it, don't torture your body! I vote for a half that you just enjoy. You'll get your mojo back once it cools down! :)

Laura Boffa said...

You haven't blogged in 7 months! Does that mean you got boring?

Unknown said...

Do not worry,be patient and focus on training. You will surely succeed. resveratrol supplements