Saturday, May 2, 2009

New half marathon PR!!

well, despite looking like it would be cold and rainy, the weather this morning was perfect for a long run, and I got a PR in my half! I had 1:56 on my watch but they still don't have the freaking official results up yet. So we'll see what I actually got. I went out a little fast in the beginning so the end was kind of hard, but I was thrilled with how it went. I only had one mile (other than the first, when you're just trying to get through the big crowd of people) that was slower than 9 minutes. I was shocked at how fast I was running and how great I felt (at least until the last few miles, ha!). I think my Garmin said my average speed was 8:47 per mile or so. (But it also said I ran 13.25 miles instead of the 13.1 I did run.) Stay tuned for an official time and pace.

A bunch of my friends running the race also got PRs, so congrats to all of them too!!!!! You guys all ROCK! And some are still running in Pittsburgh tomorrow, so GOOD LUCK!!

1 comment:

These are the Days! said...

Wooohooooo!!!!! Soooo proud of you Meg!!!! :)