Sunday, March 8, 2009

Weekend

I feel like I've been slacking on my blogging. I guess I really am boring. :)

Yesterday I had a great run, despite getting what seemed like a cold (but maybe was just allergies?) on Friday. I did 13.1 miles, including our hill loop. Not too bad! Especially considering I only ran ONE day last week. My quad was bugging me so I took it easy. I think that helped with yesterday.

Last night Todd and I went out to dinner at Rosendale's for our anniversary. It was delicious. I got beets and goat cheese for an appetizer, a delicious salad and then salmon for the entree. The salmon had a tomato glaze and came on top of white asparagus and cauliflower puree and also had some little croutons of polenta. It was very good. Todd got a seared duck breast appetizer, a different salad, and scallops in cioppino sauce for the entree. His salad was really delicious. It had a bacon truffle vinaigrette that really made the frisee interesting. It was such a different taste. We had a great alvarinho to go with it, recommended by Rosendales' great sommelier Chris Dillman. His wonderful wife Lisa (with whom I used to work at Willies) waited on us. It was a great dinner! Oh, and we finished it off with a cheese plate instead of a sweet dessert.

At home, I made a little nightcap drink of Godiva liqueur with some raspberry liqueur from Clear Creek Distillery in Portland, which Todd and I picked up last summer. I'm not sure if that is already a drink, but if not, it should be! It was sooooo good. The Clear Creek liqueur is so good. It just takes like raspberries, not like sickly sweet fake raspberry alcohol.

And then this morning, Todd and I went out to brunch. So decadent! We went to Sage American Bistro, which we've heard has a good brunch. It was great and actually shockingly inexpensive. We both got the smoked salmon BLT which came with a delicious spinach salad. It had a great sweet peppery vinaigrette and had some green beans, red onion slices, grape tomatoes and croutons on it. Only $10 each! My only complaint was the home fries/hash browns/whatever they called them. They were deep fried and didn't have a lot of flavor. Not worth the $3 or the calories. We didn't order it, but you can also get a full carafe of mimosas (or bellinis or whatever) for only $15!! That's a whole bottle of champagne! What a steal.

Hmm, I think that about does it. The weather has been fabulously warm (quite a change from last year - this weekend in 2008 was the blizzard!!) so I think I'll take out my dogs for the thousandth time. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your descriptions of the food. It makes me hungry just reading them all. It sounds like you had a really nice weekend.